Search GPRR:

Loading...

Friday, September 28, 2012

Early voting in Iowa, days 1 and 2

Jeff and I have both now voted in the 2012 election.  I voted yesterday at about 8:20 in the morning, and Jeff voted this morning.  After visiting the county auditor's office yesterday morning, my work colleagues and I walked a few blocks to a Democratic early-vote rally at which actor Jason Alexander spoke.  He was funny and charming.

John Deeth has a breakdown of yesterday's numbers in Johnson County, and a prediction that the publicity yesterday's impressive turnout garnered will get more folks to the polls in the coming weeks.  My visit to the Story County administration building today seems to bear that out--it was much more crowded than usual in the 11:00 a.m. hour (though it's also tax due day today).


No comments:

Blog Archive