Search GPRR:

Loading...

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

R.I.P. Vince Flynn

Whenever I am traveling to get to a vacation spot...or on vacation...I like to read a couple of what I call, "airplane books."

You see a plentiful supply of these type of books in airport bookstores.  They aren't "War And Peace."  They are fast-paced,  feature plenty of action, contain a mystery, MAYBE some romance, and keep the reader engrossed through end-of-chapter cliffhangers.

Vince Flynn, one of my favorite authors of these types of books, has passed away at 47-years-young due to prostate cancer.  I can recall many a vacation reading a book authored by Flynn.  His main character, Mitch Rapp, circled the globe fighting the war on terrorism through the most lethal of means.

Flynn, like author Brad Thor, infuses his books with real world intel on the current war against terrorism and their writings overflow with patriotic themes.

Like most avid readers, it takes me a while to come to grips that there will be no more books featuring a favorite character.  Thanks for all the thrills, Vince Flynn.



No comments:

Blog Archive